BRUCE C. DEAN
After graduating from
Tulane Law School, Bruce Dean worked as a judicial law clerk for a Louisiana State District Court and then for the Louisiana
First Circuit Court of Appeal in Baton Rouge. He then worked as a trial and appellate attorney for a New Orleans insurance
defense firm for six years before joining the nationally-known law firm of Gauthier & Murphy, P.L.C., where he worked
closely with noted trial attorney Wendell Gauthier.
Mr. Dean was a partner in Mr. Gauthier’s law firm,
which was eventually renamed Gauthier, Downing, LaBarre, Dean & Sulzer, L.L.C., for seven years. In 2002, Mr. Dean
formed his own law firm in Metairie, Louisiana, and accepts referrals for brief-writing,
legal research, writs and appeals in all Louisiana state and federal courts.
Dean's ISLN is 907965761.
- Louisiana, 1984 to present.
- New York, 1985 to present.
States Supreme Court.
- United States Fourth Circuit Court
- United States Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals.
- United States District Courts for the Eastern District of Louisiana,
the Middle District
of Louisiana, and the Western District of Louisiana.
- American Association for
Justice (formerly the Association of Trial Lawyers of America) (1985 to present).
- American Bar Association (1984 to present).
Association for Justice (formerly the Louisiana Trial Lawyers Association) (1993 to present):
- Chair, Amicus Curiae Committee (2007 to 2012).
- Chair, Insurance Law Section (2017
- Member, Amicus Curiae Committee
(2004 to present).
- Member, Legislative Committee (2004 to 2006).
State Bar Association (1984 to present).
- Delegate, 24th Judicial District, to the House of Delegates (2010 to
- New York State Bar Association (1985 to present).
- New Orleans Bar Association (1988 to 2007, 2014 to 2015).
- Chair, Appellate Practice Committee (2014 to 2015).Education
- J.D., Tulane Law School, New Orleans, LA, 1984. Winner, Tulane Moot Court Client Counseling Competition (1983 to
- B.A. (English Literature), St. Lawrence University, Canton,
NY, 1980. Recipient, New York State Regents’ Scholarship (1976 to 1980).
and Managing Attorney, Bruce C. Dean, L.L.C, Metairie, Louisiana, 2002 to present.
- Partner, Gauthier, Downing, LaBarre, Dean & Sulzer, L.L.C. (formerly known as Gauthier, Downing, LaBarre,
Beiser & Dean, P.L.C.), Metairie, Louisiana, 1997 to 2004.
- Associate Attorney, Gauthier & Murphy, P.L.C., Metairie, Louisiana, 1993 to 1997.
- Associate Attorney, Ward & Clesi, New Orleans, Louisiana, 1987 to 1993.
- Judicial Law Clerk, Louisiana First Circuit Court of Appeal,
Hon. J. Louis Watkins, Jr.,
Baton Rouge, Louisiana, 1986 to 1987.
- Judicial Law Clerk,
17th Judicial District Court for the Parish of Lafourche,
Hon. Wollen J. Falgout, Thibodaux, Louisiana, 1985 to
- Director, Tulane University Legal Assistance Program,
New Orleans, Louisiana, 1983 to 1984.
Director, Tulane University Legal Assistance Program, Tulane University,
New Orleans, Louisiana, 1982 to 1983.
Steering Committee Appointments
- Law Clerk, Office of the United States Attorney for the Western District of New York, Buffalo,
New York, 1982 to 1984.
- Davis v. American
Home Products Corp. (In re Norplant Contraceptive Device Litigation), No. 94-11684 c/w 94-12699 c/w 95-3139, Civil District
Court for the Parish of Orleans, Louisiana (2001 to present).
re Gramercy Plant Explosion at Kaiser, No. 25,975, 23rd Judicial District Court for the Parish of St. James, Louisiana
(2002 to 2005).
- In re New Orleans Train Car Leakage
Fire Litigation, No. 87-16374, Civil District Court for the Parish of Orleans, Louisiana (2002 to 2010).