BRUCE C. DEAN
After graduating from
Tulane Law School, Bruce Dean worked as a judicial law clerk for a Louisiana State District Court and then for the Louisiana
First Circuit Court of Appeal in Baton Rouge. He then worked as a trial and appellate attorney for a New Orleans insurance
defense firm for six years before joining the law firm of Gauthier & Murphy, P.L.C., where he worked closely with,
and eventually became a partner of, the nationally-known
trial attorney Wendell Gauthier.
In 2002, following
Mr. Gauthier's death, Mr. Dean formed his own law firm. He accepts referrals from other attorneys for brief-writing, legal research, writs and appeals in all Louisiana state and federal courts.
Mr. Dean's ISLN is 907965761.
- Louisiana, 1984 to present.
- New York, 1985 to
- United States Supreme Court.
- United States Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals.
- United States Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals.
Bar Association Memberships
States District Courts for the Eastern District of Louisiana,
the Middle District of Louisiana, and the Western District
- American Association for Justice (formerly the Association of Trial
Lawyers of America) (1985 to present).
- American Bar Association
(1984 to present).
- Louisiana Association for Justice (formerly
the Louisiana Trial Lawyers Association) (1993 to present):
Amicus Curiae Committee (2007 to 2012).
- Chair, Insurance Law Section (2017 to 2018)
- Member, Amicus Curiae Committee (2004 to present).
- Member, Legislative Committee (2004 to 2006).
- Louisiana State
Bar Association (1984 to present).
- Delegate, 24th Judicial District, to the House of Delegates (2010 to 2011).
- New York State Bar Association (1985 to present).
- New Orleans Bar Association (1988 to 2007, 2014 to 2015).
- Chair, Appellate Practice Committee (2014 to 2015).Education
- J.D., Tulane Law School, New Orleans, LA, 1984. Winner, Tulane Moot
Court Client Counseling Competition (1983 to 1984).
(English), St. Lawrence University, Canton, NY, 1980. Recipient, New York State Regents’ Scholarship (1976 to 1980).
- National Institute for Trial Advocacy (NITA), Boulder, Colorado.
Completed intensive three-week professional training program in trial advocacy (1986).
and Managing Attorney, Bruce C. Dean, L.L.C, Metairie, Louisiana, 2002 to present.
- Partner, Gauthier, Downing, LaBarre, Dean & Sulzer, L.L.C. (formerly known as Gauthier, Downing, LaBarre,
Beiser & Dean, P.L.C.), Metairie, Louisiana, 1997 to 2004.
- Associate Attorney, Gauthier & Murphy, P.L.C., Metairie, Louisiana, 1993 to 1997.
- Associate Attorney, Ward & Clesi, New Orleans, Louisiana, 1987 to 1993.
- Judicial Law Clerk, Louisiana First Circuit Court of Appeal,
Hon. J. Louis Watkins, Jr.,
Baton Rouge, Louisiana, 1986 to 1987.
- Judicial Law Clerk,
17th Judicial District Court for the Parish of Lafourche,
Hon. Wollen J. Falgout, Thibodaux, Louisiana, 1985 to
- Director, Tulane University Legal Assistance Program,
New Orleans, Louisiana, 1983 to 1984.
Director, Tulane University Legal Assistance Program, Tulane University,
New Orleans, Louisiana, 1982 to 1983.
Plaintiffs' Steering Committee Appointments
- Law Clerk, Office of the United States Attorney for the Western District of New York, Buffalo,
New York, 1982 to 1984.
- Drilling rig roughneck, Loffland
Brothers Drilling Co. (now Nabors Industries Ltd.), Evanston, Wyoming, 1981.
- Davis v. American Home Products Corp. (In re Norplant Contraceptive Device Litigation), No. 94-11684 c/w
94-12699 c/w 95-3139, Civil District Court for the Parish of Orleans, Louisiana (2001 to present).
- In re Gramercy Plant Explosion at Kaiser, No. 25,975, 23rd Judicial District Court
for the Parish of St. James, Louisiana (2002 to 2005).
re New Orleans Train Car Leakage Fire Litigation, No. 87-16374, Civil District Court for the Parish of Orleans, Louisiana
(2002 to 2010).