After graduating from Tulane Law School, Bruce Dean worked as a judicial law clerk for a
Louisiana State District Court and then for the Louisiana First Circuit Court of Appeal in Baton Rouge. He then worked as
a trial and appellate attorney for a New Orleans insurance defense firm for six years before joining the law firm of Gauthier &
Murphy, P.L.C., where he worked closely with, and eventually became a partner of, the nationally-known trial attorney Wendell Gauthier.
In 2002, following Mr. Gauthier's death, Mr. Dean formed his own law firm. He accepts
referrals from other attorneys for brief-writing, legal research, writs and appeals
in all Louisiana state and federal courts.
Mr. Dean's ISLN is 907965761.
- Louisiana, 1984 to present.
York, 1985 to present.
- United States Supreme Court.
- United States Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals.
- United States Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals.
- United States District Courts for the Eastern District of Louisiana,
the Middle District of Louisiana, and
the Western District of Louisiana.
- American Association for
Justice (formerly the Association of Trial Lawyers of America) (1985 to present).
- American Bar Association (1984 to present).
Association for Justice (formerly the Louisiana Trial Lawyers Association) (1993 to present):
- Chair, Amicus Curiae Committee (2007 to 2012).
- Chair, Insurance Law Section (2017
- Member, Amicus Curiae Committee
(2004 to present).
- Member, Legislative Committee (2004 to 2006).
State Bar Association (1984 to present).
- Delegate, 24th Judicial District, to the House of Delegates (2010 to
- New York State Bar Association (1985 to present).
- New Orleans Bar Association (1988 to 2007, 2014 to 2015).
- Chair, Appellate Practice Committee (2014 to 2015).Education
- J.D., Tulane Law School, New Orleans, LA, 1984. Winner, Tulane Moot Court Client Counseling Competition (1983 to
- B.A. (English), St. Lawrence University, Canton, NY,
1980. Recipient, New York State Regents’ Scholarship (1976 to 1980).
- National Institute for Trial Advocacy (NITA), Boulder, Colorado. Completed intensive three-week professional training
program in trial advocacy (1986).
- Owner and Managing Attorney, Dean Law
Firm LLC (fka Bruce C. Dean, LLC), 2002 to present.
Gauthier, Downing, LaBarre, Dean & Sulzer, L.L.C. (fka Gauthier, Downing, LaBarre, Beiser & Dean, PLC),
Metairie, Louisiana, 1997 to 2004.
- Associate Attorney,
Gauthier & Murphy, PLC, Metairie, Louisiana, 1993 to 1997.
- Associate Attorney, Ward & Clesi, New Orleans, Louisiana, 1987 to 1993.
- Judicial Law Clerk, Louisiana First Circuit Court of Appeal,
Hon. J. Louis Watkins, Jr.,
Baton Rouge, Louisiana, 1986 to 1987.
- Judicial Law Clerk,
17th Judicial District Court for the Parish of Lafourche,
Hon. Wollen J. Falgout, Thibodaux, Louisiana, 1985 to
- Director, Tulane University Legal Assistance Program,
New Orleans, Louisiana, 1983 to 1984.
Director, Tulane University Legal Assistance Program, Tulane University,
New Orleans, Louisiana, 1982 to 1983.
Plaintiffs' Steering Committee Appointments
- Law Clerk, Office of the United States Attorney for the Western District of New York, Buffalo,
New York, 1982 to 1984.
- Drilling rig roughneck, Loffland
Brothers Drilling Co. (now Nabors Industries Ltd.), Evanston, Wyoming, 1981.
- Davis v. American Home Products Corp. (In re Norplant Contraceptive Device Litigation), No. 94-11684 c/w
94-12699 c/w 95-3139, Civil District Court for the Parish of Orleans, Louisiana (2001 to present).
- In re Gramercy Plant Explosion at Kaiser, No. 25,975, 23rd Judicial District Court
for the Parish of St. James, Louisiana (2002 to 2005).
re New Orleans Train Car Leakage Fire Litigation, No. 87-16374, Civil District Court for the Parish of Orleans, Louisiana
(2002 to 2010).