Bar Association Memberships
- • American Association for Justice (formerly the Association of Trial Lawyers of America) (1985 to present).
- • American Bar Association (1984 to present).
- • Louisiana Association for Justice (formerly the Louisiana Trial Lawyers Association) (1993 to present): * Chair, Amicus Curiae Committee (2007 to 2012).
- * Chair, Insurance Law Section (2017 to 2019)
- * Member, Amicus Curiae Committee (2004 to present).
- * Member, Legislative Committee (2004 to 2006).
- • Louisiana State Bar Association (1984 to present). * Member, Appellate Section (2023).
- * Member, Appellate Practice and Rules Advisory Subcommittee (2023). * Delegate, 24th Judicial District, to the House of Delegates (2010 to 2011).
- • New York State Bar Association (1985 to present).
- • New Orleans Bar Association (1988 to 2007, 2014 to 2015). * Chair, Appellate Practice Committee (2014 to 2015).
National Institute for Trial Advocacy (NITA), Boulder, Colorado. Completed intensive three-week professional training program in trial advocacy (1986).
Special Master Appointments
Plaintiff's Steering Committee Appointments
• The American Lawyer magazine and Corporate Counsel magazine "Top Rated Lawyer in Appellate Law," selected as one of the nation's top appellate attorneys (2013 to present).
• Litigation Counsel of America™, Invited by the Advisory Board of the Litigation Counsel of America™ to become a Fellow in The Trial Lawyer Honorary Society, March 2015. (The Litigation Counsel of America™ is the trial lawyer honorary society, composed of less than one-half of one percent of American lawyers. Fellows are selected based upon effectiveness and accomplishment in litigation, both at the trial and appellate levels, and superior ethical reputation. Membership is by invitation only.)
• Louisiana Life magazine, "Top Attorneys in Louisiana" in appellate law, based on peer recognition and professional achievement (2011 to 2018, 2022, 2023).
• Louisiana Super Lawyers, named as one of the top appellate attorneys in Louisiana, based on recommendations of other attorneys, for the top 5% of attorneys in the state (2008 to 2016 and 2022 to present).
• Marquis Who's Who In American Law, Who's Who in America, and Who's Who in the World, reserved for less than 3% of professionals world-wide (1990 to 2022).
• National Law Journal, "Legal Leaders: Elite Lawyers of the South," based on recommendations of other attorneys for the top 5% of attorneys in each practice area (2017 to present).
• New Orleans Magazine, "Top Lawyer," based on an independent peer review survey (2017-2019).
• New Orleans Times-Picayune, "Top Lawyers of Louisiana" (2019).
• St. Charles Avenue magazine, "Top Attorneys in New Orleans" in appellate law, based on peer recognition and professional achievement (2013, 2014, 2022, 2023).
• Thomas Reuters' Super Lawyers Business Edition, named as one of the nation's top business and appellate attorneys (2011 to present).
• Trial Lawyers for Public Justice (TLPJ) "Trial Lawyer of the Year" finalist, nominated for outstanding contribution to the public interest through work in Scott v. American Tobacco Co. (2005).
Lectures and Publications
• Contributing researcher, Solving Statute of Limitations Problems, by A.J. Levy (Matthew Bender).
• Contributing researcher, "What kind of lawyer are you?" by Glenn C. McGovern, Louisiana Advocates 12-15 (Jan. 2017).
• Contributing researcher, "Conscience-of-the-community closing arguments: federal cases," by Glenn C. McGovern, Louisiana Advocates 18-19 (Dec. 2016).
• Contributing researcher, "Juries are the conscience of the community," by Glenn C. McGovern, Louisiana Advocates 18-19 (Nov. 2016). • Speaker, "Recent Developments: Collecting Punitive Damages from Intoxicated Drivers (and Insurers), under La. Civ. Code art. 2315," Presented at the Louisiana Trial Lawyers Association's Updates for Louisiana Lawyers Seminar, Baton Rouge, Louisiana. • Speaker, "The Road Ahead: Recent Law on Trucking Cases -- Updates from the Court," Presented at the Louisiana Association for Justice Fall Conference, New Orleans, Louisiana (2022).