Bar Association Memberships
- * Chair, Insurance Law Section (2017 to 2019)
- * Member, Amicus Curiae Committee (2004 to present).
- * Member, Legislative Committee (2004 to 2006).
National Institute for Trial Advocacy (NITA), Boulder, Colorado. Completed intensive three-week professional training program in trial advocacy (1986).
Special Master Appointments
Plaintiff's Steering Committee Appointments
• The American Lawyer magazine and Corporate Counsel magazine "Top Rated Lawyer in Appellate Law," selected as one of the nation's top appellate attorneys (2013-2022).
• Litigation Counsel of America™, Invited by the Advisory Board of the Litigation Counsel of America™ to become a Fellow in The Trial Lawyer Honorary Society, March 2015. (The Litigation Counsel of America™ is the trial lawyer honorary society, composed of less than one-half of one percent of American lawyers. Fellows are selected based upon effectiveness and accomplishment in litigation, both at the trial and appellate levels, and superior ethical reputation. Membership is by invitation only.)
• Louisiana Life magazine, "Top Attorneys in Louisiana" in appellate law, based on peer recognition and professional achievement (2011-2018, 2022).
• Louisiana Super Lawyers, named as one of the top appellate attorneys in Louisiana, based on vote of Louisiana attorneys (2008-2016 and 2022).
• Marquis Who's Who In American Law, Who's Who in America, and Who's Who in the World, reserved for less than 3% of professionals world-wide (1990-2022).
• National Law Journal, "Legal Leaders: Elite Lawyers of the South," based on recommendations of other attorneys for the top 5% of attorneys in each practice area (2017-2022).
• New Orleans Magazine, "Top Lawyer," based on an independent peer review survey (2017-2019).
• New Orleans Times-Picayune, "Top Lawyers of Louisiana" (2019).
• St. Charles Avenue magazine, "Top Attorneys in New Orleans" in appellate law, based on peer recognition and professional achievement (2013, 2014, 2022).
• Thomas Reuters' Super Lawyers Business Edition, named as one of the nation's top business and appellate attorneys (2011-2022).
• Trial Lawyers for Public Justice (TLPJ) "Trial Lawyer of the Year" finalist, nominated for outstanding contribution to the public interest through work in Scott v. American Tobacco Co. (2005).
Lectures and Publications
• Contributing researcher, Solving Statute of Limitations Problems, by A.J. Levy (Matthew Bender).
• Contributing researcher, "What kind of lawyer are you?" by Glenn C. McGovern, Louisiana Advocates 12-15 (Jan. 2017).
• Contributing researcher, "Conscience-of-the-community closing arguments: federal cases," by Glenn C. McGovern, Louisiana Advocates 18-19 (Dec. 2016).
• Contributing researcher, "Juries are the conscience of the community," by Glenn C. McGovern, Louisiana Advocates 18-19 (Nov. 2016). • Speaker, "Recent Developments: Collecting Punitive Damages from Intoxicated Drivers (and Insurers), under La. Civ. Code art. 2315," Presented at the Louisiana Trial Lawyers Association's Updates for Louisiana Lawyers Seminar, Baton Rouge, Louisiana. • Speaker, "The Road Ahead: Recent Law on Trucking Cases -- Updates from the Court," Presented at the Louisiana Association for Justice Fall Conference, New Orleans, Louisiana (2022).